Meet AAUW Fund Awardees
by Lynne Batchelor, Secretary, AAUW Fund Committee Chair
(October 4, 2021) It is almost time to fire up Zoom, put on your favorite waist-up attire, grab a snack, pick up a pen and paper, and join us in welcoming this year’s California fellows and grant recipients. Because we are lucky enough to have so many (37) recipients in California, we have scheduled three virtual AAUW Fund events for 2021 to enable all of them to have an opportunity to explain their work. You may attend any number of events, but you must register in advance. We have two Saturday events, and one Sunday event. Although the events are free, please consider making a donation to the AAUW Fund to support this fantastic program. You are especially invited to contribute to the Greatest Need Fund which enables your donation to be prioritized to meet AAUW obligations. Register now to be informed and inspired by these wonderful women!
- Saturday, October 23rd at 10:00am
- Saturday, October 30th at 10:00am
- Sunday, November 7th at 1:00pm
Register here – AAUW CA Funds Sessions See you then!
2021-2022: The Year of M&Ms!
(September 26, 2021) Marketing and Membership are our goals! AAUW California is keeping its eye on the prize. We will be holding a Planning Day scheduled for August 28th from 9-4 via Zoom. We have embraced the goal of increasing AAUW’s visibility and reach (Marketing!) which should help your branches grow (Membership!). The Board of Directors backed it up by approving the hiring of a professional marketing firm to guide our efforts. Now, as a result of their research and recommendations, we have a roadmap to M&Ms! To go down that road, we have designed four workgroups to implement the marketing consultants’ recommendations under the overall guidance of Sandi Gabe, President-Elect.
- Working Age Recruitment Workgroup – Will investigate methods to attract the younger population with messages and content that resonate with their needs and interests. Chair: Crystal Stebbins
- Retirement Age Recruitment Workgroup – Will develop strategies to engage individuals who are at or approaching retirement age. Chair: Sharyn Siebert
- University and Organization Collaboration Workgroup – Will leverage the College/University program to expose more college students to AAUW and investigate other organizations for collaborative programs. Chair: Michelle Galaz-Miller
- Social Media Workgroup – Will expand the strategic use of social media platforms to engage different populations with relevant messaging. Chair: Sandi Gabe
Never lazy, your state leadership will also continue its focus on retooling Tech Trek to rocket it into the future. This effort began in February with the creation of five workgroups to assess changes suggested by Tech Trek stakeholders. Overall guidance is provided by Tracey Clark, Communications Committee Chair; the workgroups are Administration, Campers, Finance, Marketing and Evaluation, and Curriculum.
Our Danville-Alamo-Walnut Creek branch is part of the AAUW California You should receive the California Connection! before the 10th of each month with information about our AAUW CA activities and programs.
Please check your email address in the Membership Services Database (MSD) on the national website. This will be the email address used to send the California Connection! If you need help verifying your email address is up-to-date, reach out to our membership committee or contact Julika Barrett in the AAUW California Office at 916-448-7795 or at firstname.lastname@example.org and she can assist you.