Branch events are a mix of educational programs on women’s issues, fundraising events, and social activities. We have general events almost every month in addition to our ongoing Interest Group activities. Our branch year coincides with the AAUW fiscal year that runs from July through June. Some of our typical branch activities are:
- September Membership Brunch that kicks off our year with a talk from a woman leader in politics, education or the community
- Educational program on ballot initiatives
- Speakers on hot topics in women’s rights
- May Garden Tour or other fundraising event to support local women completing university degree programs
- June Executive Board Installation where we share our successes, welcome new officers, and plan for the future
- Wine and cheese, or coffee socials where members can catch up with each other and share ideas about AAUW activities
In parallel with general branch events, our Interest Groups offer a wonderful way to connect with other members who share your passions. Our executive board and other branch committees create and manage all our activities and would especially welcome new member to participate. Our Public Policy team offers an excellent opportunity to advocate with the backing of our respected AAUW organization.
Membership in the American Association of University Women (AAUW), is open to all graduates of two year accredited colleges with AA degrees and / or accredited four-year colleges or universities. AAUW values and seeks a diverse membership. There shall be no barriers to full participation in the organization on the basis of gender, race, creed, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or class.
|Regular Member Dues||$120.00||(Association, State and Branch dues)|
|Life Members Dues||$48.00||(State and Branch dues)|
|Dual Members Dues||$28.00||(Danville-Alamo-WC Branch dues only)|
Dues are payable to “Danville-Alamo-Walnut Creek AAUW”. Dues paid are applied for one year from the time of payment. To join or renew, please click here.
AAUW members also have access to a variety of discounts and perks. Click here the see the details.
Questions on membership? Please contact us via email .