Our Danville-Alamo-Walnut Creek branch of the American Association of University Women is looking for volunteers.
Branch Executive Board and Committees – Volunteers Needed
by Joanne Quijano, President
While most of the positions are filled for this year, there are still several key openings that will provide opportunities for willing volunteers who’d like to get more involved in our Branch activities.
- Fundraising Chair– This position has the mission of generating funds for our Branch programs. While the traditional Garden Tour is in the works for May of 2022, our usual Holiday Home Tour is no longer possible. The Fundraising Chair will need to form a team to meet this challenge that will envision, plan and execute fund raising events. There were lots of creative ideas used for generating funds in the last year that this team can build on.
- Fundraising Committee Members- If you have a passion for supporting Local Scholarships, Tech Trek or AAUW mission programs, we need your ideas and enthusiasm to help plan and manage our fundraising efforts this year. We need your creative ideas for fun and effective ways to raise money to support our projects.
If you are interested in any of these positions, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or anyone on the Board. We’re looking forward to welcoming a few more new, energetic Board members!
Tech Trek Volunteers Needed
We are FULLY FUNDED for 12 camper positions for the Tech Trek STEM 2022 Camp and well on our way to funding for 2023. Plans are to hold the June 2022 camp in person at Sonoma State University. Our branch selects the middle school girls who will attend and we underwrite the cost of $1,000 per girl, with families asked to contribute a nominal fee of $50.
We’re looking for more volunteers to help with the following activities:
- Participate on selection and interview teams
- Camp workshop leader
- Camp assistant (help with workshops, classes or other activities at the camp)
- Dorm mom
- Ice cream social helper
- Participate on professional women’s panel one evening during the June camp
- Help Deborah develop tools to communicate with and track the girls after their camp experiences. This might be a social media solution, a database, or a combination. The goal is to continue mentoring these young women as they go on to high school and college
Interested? Please contact Deborah.email@example.com