Tips and help for our community gathered from local area resources. Please note all items are subject to change. Call before you go. Stay safe. Thanks to Newcomers for shared info. Times for seniors to shop at bottom of this page. If you know a member who is living alone, call them.
Do you need assistance or can you offer help? Click on this link:
Thank You: Coronavirus health workers and essential services providers!
1-Ways you can make a difference to help your community safely
Contra Costa Regional Health Foundation
During this pandemic, CCRHF is the central funder working with our County Health and Human Services, to distribute funds to organizations serving our most at risk residents. The focus is on those who are home or food insecure, have lost their work, who have pre-existing conditions and disabilities, are at higher risk, and are more likely to die from COVID-19.
CCRHF has been designated as a Regional Lead for COVID-19 Response, and through its COVID-19 Rapid Response Fund is accepting applications from organizations that are serving vulnerable individuals and families. These applications will be evaluated by a team of CCRHF and health and social services providers. We ask that AAUW members forward applications to organizations that are trying to respond and need help doing so. This includes organizations that are employing at risk individuals, e.g. gig workers, undocumented individuals, agricultural workers etc. Information and applications are available at the links below:
- Rapid Response: https://www.ccrhfcovid-19.org/
- Rapid Response Fund: https://www.ccrhf.org/
- Emergency Relief: https://cchealth.org/press-releases/2020/0411-COVID19-Fund.pdf
If members are interested in donating to the fund, they may at the website above, but our biggest need now is finding needy organizations that can act in a timely manner to help individuals and families.
2-Restaurants offering groceries
- Lazy Dog (Dublin): https://lazydogrestaurants.myshopify
- Panera (San Ramon): panerabread.com/en-us/panera-grocery.html
- Pete’s Brass Rail (Danville): petesgrocery.com
- Choicelunch: pantry.choicelunch.com
- A/R Workshop diy kits to-go
- Sloats (Rose Garden in Danville): (925) 837-9144
- A Yarn Less Raveled (Danville): https://www.ayarnlessraveled.com/
- The Sewing Machine Shop (Walnut Creek):https://www.sewingmachineshop.com/buying-thread-feet-notions
- JoAnn (Dublin, Concord): https://www.joann.com/buy-online-pickup-in-store/
- Games Unlimited (Livery in Danville): 10am-4pm 925-838-6358
4- Wine and Liquor
5- Watch free streaming services:
- Tri-Valley restaurants offering take out: https://visittrivalley.com/2020/03/take-out-tri-valley/
- Danville curbside restaurant pick-up
- Danville takeout & small business deliveries
- Older adult assistance https://californiavolunteers.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/sites/116/2020/03/CA-COVID19-Neighbor-Check-ins.pdf
- Meals on Wheels: http://www.mealsonwheelsamerica.org
- County Mini Guide to Aging and Adult Services
https://www.danville.ca.gov/DocumentCenter/View/4169/Mini-Resource-Guide-for-Seniors-PDF COUNSELING SUPPORT FOR SENIORS
- Discovery Counseling Center (925) 837-0505 https://www.discoveryctr.net/programs
7-The 2-1-1 system is available to help older Californians access grocery and medication delivery while staying at home.
8-Contribute your health status daily and help track the COVID-19 pandemic